Tuesday, February 28, 2012

desperate housewives

confession: I regularly watch the TV show Desperate Housewives. I've watched it for forever and it's just something I love and don't even want to stop watching, call it my "guilty pleasure" or whatever but I enjoy it :). On the show, the women are constantly gossiping and any time someone new moves into the neighborhood, she's not usually included. The main women definitely have an "in-group" and there have been times through the show that other women have been jealous and wanted to be in their group. They also are a very good example of feminine stereotypes. Although, at times they defy them, often, they are portrayed as the stay-at-home mom who cooks and cleans and gossips with her girlfriends all day. Overall, it makes for very entertaining TV. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment