Monday, March 26, 2012

family

this weekend I went home for my grandfather's 80 birthday. my whole family was there to surprise him for his party and I had so much fun! but I really got a chance to see family interactions. it is interesting to see how we are all about the same social group as well. everyone the same race (white) and same social class and they used to all follow the gender stereotypes by having the men work while the women are stay-at-home moms. however lately that has been changing with my aunt who recently became a nurse so now both parents work and my sister, who is a nurse practitioner, so both she and her husband work also. it is interesting to see the way sociology plays out in my own family.

(note: i don't know who these families are)


No comments:

Post a Comment